If you are in a hurry and want to check out the best recommended ultrasonic humidifier in the market today, read our AirMoisturize Max Review instead.
A reliable ultrasonic humidifier is a great addition to your home, particularly if you have small kids. Some of the branded humidifier devices are loaded with exciting features and give soothing comfort of cool mist to create a calming ambiance for babies. Humidifiers also combat symptoms related to arid air like dry skin, stuffy nose, and static electricity.
Homedics is one of the biggest brands in the wellness industry and has released a range of high-quality humidifier models that are popular among users. Some of the most preferred ones are personal humidifiers that can be carried along, large models that can be kept in an open area and others that let you pick between cool or warm mist humidity. In this post, we review Homedics Personal Ultrasonic Humidifier models to help you learn more about them.
- WARM AND COOL MISTING OPTION: The Ultrasonic Tower Humidifier by HoMedics features a warm and cool misting option. Humidify your room with a cooling mist during hot summer months or a warming misting during cold winter months. View the LCD display to even see the temperature of the mist that is being output! Adjust the intensity of the mist with the easy-to-use control buttons. Its hefty 1.5 Gallon Tank has a runtime of up to 65 hours!
- UNIQUE HIMIDIFYING FEATURES: HoMedics designed this humidifier to use ultrasonic high frequency technology to convert water into 1-5 million particles that are dispersed evenly into the air. If your room is too dry, program the humidistat to mist your space until the room reaches its set humidity level. Set its auto-off timer for 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours. It powers down when the water level gets too low. The mister even has an on/off nightlight making this a great humidifier for your toddler or baby
- CLEAN-MIST TECHNOLOGY: This sleek 20 inch tower features an ultrasonic clean-mist technology. This anti-microbial technology helps prevent the growth of mold and mildew on the tanks surface making this a great mister for anyone with allergies. The demineralization cartridge included with your purchase reduces mineral build-up caused by hard water. You’ll no longer get the “white dust” settling on your appliances and furniture. Breathe in its clean, fresh cooling or warming mist
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN: TO USE: This mister is very user-friendly. First, unplug the unit and fill the large 1.5 gallon tank and power it on. Program your humidifier to your specifications with its large, easy-to-see buttons. TO CLEAN: Use a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and lukewarm water to clean the inside of the tank. Clean the water tank every 2-3 weeks depending on usage
- WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE: One HoMedics Cool & Warm Mist Tower Ultrasonic Humidifier. One BONUS demineralization cartridge. One user’s manual. One year limited warranty
Homedics Ultrasonic Humidifier Reviews – UPDATED 2020
Some of the best humidifier models from Homedics make use of ultrasonic technology. It is the latest humidifying technology that gets you rid of some of the draws of older ones like warm mist, impeller and more. Ultrasonic humidifiers work with high-frequency vibrations generated against a tiny metallic plate. These vibrations convert water droplets into mist that is expelled thereafter.
The process generates little sound, making these devices great for kids’ rooms, bedrooms, and nurseries. These humidifiers also do not need any filter or wick so there is less cost of maintenance. These models feature advanced technologies to produce micro-fine, visible cool or warm mist with silent operation. Most of the ultrasonic humidifiers come with removable water tanks with each filling running for long hours.
Ultrasonic humidifiers from Homedics also come with digital LCD displays to indicate levels of current humidity, timer setting, programmed level, mist temperature and output intensity. You can select variable mist controls which are indicated clearly in the display. The display also lets you control the intensity of the mist. Most models feature clean mist anti-microbial technology to prevent any bacteria or mold from growing in the tank. Demineralization cartridges remove any mineral deposits and impurities so that you get clean mists that soothe any discomfort from dry air.
Homedics Total Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier
A revolutionary humidifier from Homedics, the Total Comfort Ultrasonic gives you the best of both worlds as you get cool as well as warm mist functionalities. It features ultra-silent adjustable mist and integrated on-off light. This model not only provides humidity in the room but also heats it up to some extent. This results in a relaxing, cozy environment.
The humidifier also enables programming it to shut off after 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours of function. And it shuts down automatically when the tank water level goes down if you forget to set the timer. It is powered by ultrasonic technology, so you do not need to worry about noise or wait for the water to heat up to create mist. It just takes a button press to change cool mist into warm during colder months.
Homedics Personal Ultrasonic Humidifier
Designed to provide some extra moisture in your personal space, the Homedics Personal Ultrasonic Humidifier is a compact unit in the size of a coffee mug and can rest conveniently on a desk at home or office. It is lightweight and easy to use. It also allows using an USB plug to power it if you do not have an outlet available.
You only need to twist open the tank and fill it and start it with a button press. The tank of this humidifier can hold 200ml water which is sufficient for about five hours. This implies you may have to refill frequently if you want to use it all day. Its ultrasonic technology makes its operation whisper quiet, so it does not disturb other people working in the office.
Homedics Humidifier Troubleshooting
You should see that you do not try to repair the humidifier on your own without referring to the instruction manual. If the unit emits any unusual sound or smell, stop using it instantly and call a professional to check it for problems. Here are some tips to take better care of your Homedics humidifier.
- Keep the unit dry and unplugged if you do not use it for a longer period of time.
- When it is on, avoid bringing its parts or main unit in contact with water.
- Avoid running the device without water in the tank and prefer using distilled water.
- The manufacturer does not recommend using any type of aroma oils in the water.
- Unplug the device from the electric supply before adjusting, moving, or washing it.
Homedics humidifiers come equipped with demineralization cartridges and filters to lower the occurrence of white dust. These filters and cartridges should be replaced every 30-40 fillings.
How Do You Clean Homedics Ultrasonic Humidifier?
Homedics Ultrasonic humidifier does not need a lot of maintenance and works for a long time if proper care is given. Some of the things you need to clean your humidifier effectively include vinegar, spray bottle, bleaching liquid, soft-bristle brush, saucepan, and water.
Here are the steps for cleaning:
- Unplug the unit from electric supply and dismantle its parts.
- Ensure that the water tank is completely detached from the base and filter of the unit. Also, keep the motor housing aside.
- Open the water tank and pour undiluted vinegar into it. You can also use liquid bleach for disinfecting if you want.
- Swish the interiors of the humidifier tank and let the vinegar sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the vinegar from the tank and use a soft brush to scrub any scales you may find.
- Now dilute the vinegar in water and fill in a spray bottle. Spray the solution on the housing to clean the exterior of the device.
- Next, take a large saucepan and add vinegar and water. Soak the filters of the unit for 30 minutes.
- Then, rinse the filter, plastic cover, and tank with tap water. For better results, use warm water.
- Finally, use a soft brush or cloth to wipe off the parts of your humidifier. Assemble them back into their position and your ultrasonic humidifier is now clean.
You can now fill the tank with water, reconnect the humidifier to power supply and switch it on.
- ULTRASONIC COOL MIST TECHNOLOGY: Safely moisturizes the air for up to 16 hours of continuous operation so you can breathe easy and get more restful sleep | High and low speed settings make it easy to adjust mist direction and speed to fit your comfort level
- 1.5-LITER WATER TANK: Provides ideal coverage for bedrooms, offices, and other medium-sized rooms
- COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER - Features a 6 liter (1.6 gallons) tank, with a super high mist output. Our ultrasonic humidifier for bedrooms works in rooms up to 500 square feet and lasts 50 straight hours. This makes our air humidifier ideal for large rooms and is the perfect room essential for the house, apartment, office, nursery, or college dorm.
- ESSENTIAL OIL TRAY - More than just a humidifier, we included a tray for essential oils. Your new oil diffuser humidifier circulates the oils into the cool mist, giving you a clean, pure, and fresh smelling aroma. Ideal for creating an aromatherapy experience you’ll love. It also makes an excellent humidifier for babies and features a blue LED night light.
- 4L Tank Capacity, Works for All Night: Over a gallon of water lasts for 12-30 hour working time on a full tank; designed to humidify the air in rooms up to 10-30 m² / 107-322 ft², bedroom, nursery, office and so on
- Informative LED display: Built-in Humidistat tells you the current RH; Easily choose between three mist levels; Set your desired humidity level, 40-60% is recommended
- Quiet Operation for Bedroom Use: Ultrasonic humidifiers are incredibly silent, reduces noise to 26dB (Patent No: US16/439, 758 pending); perfect for your baby and a disturbance-free sleep at night
- 6L Tank Capacity & Mist Adjustable: Over 1.6 gallon of water lasts for 20-60 hour working time on a full tank; designed to humidify the air in rooms up to 20-40 m² / 215-430 ft²
- Warm & Cool Mist: The humidifier provides both cool mist and warm mist to relieve you from congestion,sinus,dry skin, allergies,bloody noses,cold, flu.It is perfect for all year around using.
- Auto Mode: The humidifier’s built-in humidity sensor automatically adjusts the mist level to maintain a comfortable level of humidity, so you can set it and forget it. If the tank runs out of water, the humidifier will automatically turn off
- EFFICIENT HUMIDIFIERS FOR BEDROOM: With 2.2L large tank, the cool mist humidifier allows up to 24 hours of working in low mist. 360°degree rotating nozzle ensures an even level of humidity distributed at home. Breathe the forest fresh air in your home.
- WHISPER-QUIET BEDROOM HUMIDIFIER: Homasy Ultrasonic humidifier lowers the noise level to 28dB (quieter than a computer) for quiet humidification without disturbing your study, working or sleeping, away from those nasty noises.
Last update on 2020-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API